Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Warrens in Review

Last night, I spent an hour reading over my past blog entries.  I am so glad that I decided to start this blog back in August of last year, because it has been a wonderful way of journaling.  I also realized that I haven't been quite as diligent posting current events in the Warren family.  So, here it goes:

I enrolled my two oldest children in swim lessons back in January.  I knew that this summer would be tough with a newborn, so Simon and Ava have been learning all the essentials at an indoor private pool.  It has been a wonderful experience for all of us.  Both of them have progressed so much with the help of their swimming coaches.  I've already enrolled them in another 9 week session that will end once school gets out. 


Simon is doing well in school.  He reads anything and everything now.  When we study the scriptures at night, he does fairly well reading verses out loud on his own.  He told me the other day that he wants to marry the little girl who lives across the street from us.  When asked why he didn't want to marry one of his other friends who happened to be a girl, his response was, "She doesn't go to our church, and I won't be able to marry her in the temple."


I've nicknamed Ava, "Funny Girl."  You would never guess it, because she is very quiet and almost withdrawn in public places.  But, Ava makes me laugh every day with her quirky comments.  One day, I encouraged the kids to go outside and play.  I checked the digital reading on our outdoor thermometer and it was 52 degrees.  The sun was brightly shining, and I was practically pushing the kids out the door.  Being skeptical of the warmer weather, Ava cracked the sliding glass door open, stuck her hand out to feel the temperature, and announced, "It is not 52 degrees out here!  It's more like.... 51 degrees!" 
Ava is also my little helper.  She does a great job of folding clean towels and wash cloths, clearing her place setting, rinsing her dishes off after each meal, and making her bed.


Brahm is all boy.  He is aggressive, and independent, and fearless.  He is finally beginning to talk a bit now that he is almost 2 1/2 years old.  Mommy, Daddy, and No are his favorites.  Most parents hate hearing their toddlers scream, "No," in contempt towards them.  But, I am just happy that he is talking.  He can say "No" all he wants.  Just like his Daddy, he is happy and chipper very early in the morning.  And just like his Daddy, he is in foul spirits after 8:00 pm. 

I am 22 weeks pregnant and still plugging along.  I do not have that 2nd trimester boost of energy with this baby.  In fact, I can easily take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and then go to bed at 9:30 pm and sleep for 9 hours.  I am getting older.  My body is getting older.  And, there is a noticeable difference with this pregnancy. 

I've written a short children's book.  Nothing special.  I'm revising it right now, but I plan on sending it to a publisher soon.  I have 5 other ideas for children's books up my sleeve. 
With my calling in the Young Women's Program, I'm currently working on earning my Medallion by November.


Jess is still running.  His wet, sweaty running clothes give the whole family the willies.  Ava loves to help me throw dirty laundry into the washing machine.  But when it comes to Daddy's running clothes, she will not touch them with a ten foot pole. 
Jess has planned a surprise get-a-way for our 10 year anniversary in April.  I don't handle surprises very well.  I've been hyper-ventilating, because I have no idea where we will be going and who will be taking care of our children.  I trust him, though, that all will turn out well.

6 comments:

  1. That reminded me. At Activity days on Tuesday, Samantha had some very interesting things to say about her and Simon. You might want to be worried!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everthing sounds great! And I want to know more about your book!!! Learning how others are inspired is very... inspiring.
    If you haven't seen this, I think it's worth the twenty minutes.(especially after the first five minute build-up)

    http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/02/eat-pray-love-a/

    P.S. I haven't cracked our book in at least two weeks. I was really enjoying it too. I'm just so easily side-tracked. I'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you will have to tell me more.
    Jill, I've read way too many children's books that make me wonder how they even got published. I decided to write one about Simon's little quirks. It's in rhyming format. The protocol of sending in a manuscript to a publishing company is actually pretty complicated and time consuming. We'll see if it even gets published. As far as "The Return of the Native" goes, I am behind in reading it also. But, I will make a renewed effort to begin reading it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of Batman and his nose-picking sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda you are a great blogger!!

    You write so well. I want to read your book you wrote.

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! so much fun going on! fun trips, children's book writing, sweating and a great family pic!!! i need to come back soooner! great pics too!

    ReplyDelete