Ava is my second child. She catches onto things very quickly and easily. For instance, last summer at age 3 she had Jess remove her training wheels from her bike. Ever since then, she has been riding a two wheeler with ease. The same is true with swimming lessons. She has inched her way up to Simon's skill level. This little girl knows no fear.
Ava practicing her backfloat.
Simon, on the other hand, is much more timid and fearful when it comes to trying new things. This could be my fault. Because he is my first, everything that he tries is new for me too. I am a very cautious person, and that has probably rubbed off on him. I'm new to the world of 6 year olds. I need to let Simon move at his own pace. I feel like I am the one who is holding him back. Whereas with Ava, there are no limits.
Simon and Ava in the water.
With all that being said, Simon and Ava are doing wonderfully - both in the swimming world and outside of it.
Oh how fun!!
ReplyDelete