 |
| Simon building a sandcastle |
The summer of 2010 came and went. It literally lasted 8 weeks this year beginning in July and ending in August. I grew up living in the desert where the heat set in in April and didn't let up until October. Summer has never been one of my favorite seasons, but I am already missing it. I miss taking the kids to the pool just about everyday. I miss the sky lightening up before 6:00am and darkening after 10:00pm. I miss the smell of burning charcoal and barbecued hamburgers. I miss the look of my children's beet-red faces from riding their bikes outside all day.
 |
| Ava and the neighbor girls washing their bikes while "Bob" flags down speeding cars; Brahm at the pool. |
 |
Pioneer Day in Salt Lake City. All of the cousins got a chance to hit the covered wagon pinata.

Pioneer Day
Simon with a cherry stained face. |
The boys playing ball.
 |
The kids swimming in the backyard. Don't look too closely at my poor, neglected garden. The cool temperatures coupled with a newborn baby made for a terrible harvest.
Nicholas and his cousin, Liz.

Brahm and Ava at the park.
Sand fight.

Lavender festival with Grandma Hanks.
Drawing with chalk in the backyard with cousin, Malin.
Liz and Mr. Nickels again. |
Au revoir, summer. Until next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment