Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Las Vegas

The view from Grandma and Grandpa Hanks' backyard.
I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I lived there for 21 years, not counting the year-and-a-half that I was gone away to BYU.  I don't miss Las Vegas.  There is a lot of ugliness to it.  Graffiti.  Litter.  Check-into-Cash stores on every corner.  Smokey casinos.  Indecent billboards.  Rude drivers.  And, unbearable heat.

But, our family took a fast and furious trip down there in early October.  Jess was running in the St. George marathon and Las Vegas seemed like the perfect place to stay.  And, you know what?  All of my pictures captured the beauty of Las Vegas-- the mountains, the temple, and all of our family.

The kids with Grandma Hanks in the golf cart.


Off-roading.


Brahm LOVED Grandpa Hanks' cowboy boots.


Grandma and Grandpa Hanks

Gramee Rosenthal with Nicholas.  Nicholas has since gotten a haircut which has revealed a lot of blonde hair!


Grandpa Rosenthal with Nickel Pickel, as my children like to call him.

Gramee Rosenthal making cookies with Brahm.

Ava and her cousin Maddie.


Cousin Logan.

Cousin Sam and Kate.


Miss Ava hula-hooping.

My adorable nieces, Kate and Gabi.  I was 16 years old when Gabi was born!


Cousin Olivia with Simon and Ava.

The Blackburns: Sam, Kate, Gabi, Henry, Olivia, my sister Whitney, and Chris.



The place that I called home for 21 years.  My parents have since sold this house and are living on the opposite side of the city.


Hands down, the most beautiful temple.  This is where Jess and I were married.

3 comments:

  1. This made me so nostalgic and teary-eyed. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen so much grass in Vegas! Didn't know it existed. Of course I have only ever been less than a mile off the strip. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos, Mandy! I love them!

    ReplyDelete