Sunday, June 29, 2014

Goodbye, Meridian!

From the get-go, 2014 has been a year full of changes. Jess received a work promotion and was transferred to Salt Lake City in February. While Jess worked and lived in Utah, my 5 children and I stayed behind to sell our home.  It was a bit of a painstaking process.  Keeping our house "show ready" while managing to take care of the needs of my children (including my youngest who is a nursing baby) was something that I never want to repeat again in this life.  Jess traveled home on the weekends which was when I was able to catch up on needed sleep. I think I aged 5 years during the 3 months that Jess and I were separated.  I have the grey hairs and wrinkles to prove it!  By late April we miraculously received a full price offer on our house, and on May 21st we closed on our beloved Meridian home.  We were greatly blessed during this 3 month period of separation.  Many neighbors, friends, and ward members constantly checked up on us, invited us over for dinner, allowed my children to play for endless hours at their houses, and even gave my baby a priesthood blessing when she had a 104 degree fever.  I really felt loved which made it all the more hard to leave.
 
I already miss my neighbors and dear friends, my children's friends, their school and their teachers, the ward, etc. Meridian/Boise will always hold a special place in my heart. 
 
Brahm and his best bud, Alex.

Brahm and his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Christensen

Ava (and Simon) with her 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Tulleners

Simon and his 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Burke

Nicholas and his preschool group posing next to a Black Hawk.
 
 Moving Day
 
 Moving Day
 
Moving Day

No comments:

Post a Comment