Warning: I had Jess proofread this before I published it and his comment was, "People are going to be grossed out by our love fest."
I have a lot to be thankful for this season. But I want to recognize someone who I am the most thankful for-- my husband. Every night when he arrives home from work, he usually finds me on my death bed. After trying to console me, he'll begin making some sort of specific dinner that I am currently craving. He does the day's dishes, throws in a load of laundry, picks up the family room, and sweeps up all the crumbs that have accumulated on the kitchen floor. At night, he has taken on the responsibility of brushing our kids' teeth, reading to them, and tucking them into bed. He even sits in my son's room until Brahm has safely been lulled to sleep.
For Thanksgiving, he made the entire meal and washed all of the dinner dishes. He even persuaded me to get out of the house and go to the movie theater with the family. Promises of popcorn, soda, and candy to ease my nausea were kept, so I could sit through the 2 hour feature.
On Sundays he is usually busy with morning meetings, but somehow manages to make pancakes for the kids, dress them for church, and have a fresh loaf of herb bread waiting for us to devour when we arrive home from our 3 hour block.
He does this all without complaining and without giving me a hard time. Tonight he encouraged me to write on my blog, all the while, he is giving the kids their evening bath.
Jess makes me laugh and dispels any sort of pain that I am feeling. I love him dearly and I don't know what I would do without him.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So great, isn't it wonderful that we live in an age when men are willing to step up and help their wives. It sounds like you are very lucky to have such a helper for a husband. Good job Jess !!!
ReplyDeleteUgh! Blegh. Now I'm nauseous.
ReplyDeleteActually, not at all. Very sweet. Good on ya, Jess!
(I promise to blog again very soon)
What a great post! Husbands are wonderful...I hope your nausea goes away soon. Does it normally last the whole pregnancy?
ReplyDeleteI am a bit partial to Jess. And I love you too!
ReplyDeletei think i just puked in my mouth a little! :)
ReplyDelete