Monday, January 4, 2010

Back from the Dead

I am starting to feel slightly normal again, so I thought that I would give a recap of the Warren family Christmas. I am thankful to all of our friends who invited us over for dinner, for a movie, for a social gathering, and even for Christmas Eve. I felt so blessed at a time when I have been physically and emotionally unstable. Your generosity and kindness lifted my spirit!

Because of the state that I found myself in this month, Jess and I decided that Santa would bring the kids a trip to Disneyland for Christmas. I could not do a lot of shopping this year, because I was too sick to move most days. I did manage to buy them a few things that they could open up on Christmas morning including books, clothing, and other smaller items. And of course, they had plenty of presents to unwrap from their grandparents. Our Disneyland vacation will take place at the end of this month which has given the kids something to look forward to even with Christmas being said and done.

Jess asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, and without hesitation I told him that I wanted my house cleaned "Mandy-style." No surface cleaning. No stacking. No neat piles. I wanted everything to be deep cleaned including base boards vacuumed, blinds dusted, and all hard floors washed. Jess spent his entire week off working on a different set of rooms while furiously throwing in loads of laundry and taking care of the needs of the kids. I couldn't have asked for a better gift.

On December 31st, we invited 2 families over to ring in the New Year with. The kids played and had a merry time while the adults socialized, munched on snacks, and played games.

I love the holidays starting with Halloween and ending with New Year's. But I do have to admit, I am glad that we are now entering into the month of January. I am excited about getting over morning sickness, and I am even more excited about our trip at the end of the month!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better, especially so you can enjoy your trip at the end of the month. Sounds like you guys had a good holiday vacation. Tell Jess if he wants to he can come deep clean my house too :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can he give Mark lessons? That's what I wanted for Christmas but after getting my mantel and the 20 hours of labor my husband put into installing it, I just couldn't do that to him as well! Glad you're feeling better, it is glorious isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. give us a call we would love to meet up for lunch or something at D-Land

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to hear you are doing a little better. I've been thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how wonderful. it's a happy day! hooray for disney land and feeling better. ;)

    ReplyDelete