Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anniversary Update

For our 10 year wedding anniversary, we traveled down to Utah as a family.  We dropped the kids off at my sister's house while Jess and I enjoyed a little weekend getaway at a Bed and Breakfast. 

Photobucket


Jess and I stayed at the Blue Boar Inn in Midway, Utah.  Most of the homes in the newer area of Midway resemble European style architecture and ornamentation.  Even the LDS church is Swiss style. 

Photobucket
One of the local, Midway homes.

Photobucket
Blue Boar Inn exterior

For dinner, we ate in Park City at a restaurant called Chimayo. Hands down, my meal was the best food I've ever eaten-- coconut encrusted halibut on a bed of spaghetti squash, surrounded by asparagus and mushrooms smothered in a butter citrus sauce. For our breakfast at the Blue Boar the next morning, I ordered the Cinnamon Swirl Brioche French Toast while Jess enjoyed the Grilled Norwegian Salmon.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Blue Boar Inn interior

After checking in, we were led to our cozy little room with a plate of soft cheese, crackers, grapes, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. We kicked off our shoes and and enjoyed the warmth from the fireplace. Books written by Charles Dickens lined the shelf, and a sleigh bed served as a nice resting spot. The staff turned down the sheets at night and left behind plush robes, chocolate mints, a rose, and the weather report for the following day resting on the bed. I soaked in the jetted tub with the Inn's complimentary bath crystals and later slept like a baby (well, almost-- don't forget that I am in my 3rd trimester).

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with the exception of warmer weather.  It snowed the entire time we were there.  But, it made the Inn that much more cozy.

4 comments:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun I am glad you had a nice getaway especially before baby number 4 arrives. Jeff and I stayed in Midway for one of our anniversaries as well, I can't remember for sure where, but it was fun. That is great that your sister was able to take the kids. It's always nice to have some one on one time with your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! So jealous you guys got to go to the blue boar. :-) How did Jess' race go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are die-hard romantics!

    ReplyDelete