![]() |
| Split eyelid, goose-egg on forehead, and chapped, bleeding lips to boot! |
![]() |
| Our poster child for accident-prone children. |
Several years ago, I studied the life and teachings of President Wilford Woodruff. I distinctly remember learning about all of the injuries and accidents that this man suffered and miraculously lived through.
My son, Brahm, is only 3 years old but has already suffered a number of injuries that have taken him to the doctor, the quick care center, and the ER countless times. Before Brahm, we had never made a single trip to an emergency room (or quick care for that matter) with any of our children. The most recent of his accidents occurred while my husband and I were watching the LDS Christmas Devotional. Brahm and Ava decided to play in the adjoining laundry room, and unbeknownst to Jess and me, the two climbed on top of the washing machine. Brahm consequently fell, and his head was pinned between the washing machine and countertop. When we rescued him, blood was gushing everywhere. Jess rushed him to the quick care center where his split eyelid was glued together. To add more insult to injury, Brahm climbed up the shelves in my pantry the following morning and again, fell. A huge goose-egg formed on his forehead.
Every time my son injures himself, I think about President Woodruff. I'm not sure if Brahm is accident-prone, if he is careless, if he is trying to keep up with his older siblings, if I have slow reaction time, or all of the above. I'm just glad that he seems to recover well from these little casualties.


So sad to see those pictures of him looking like that. He really has had some injuries hasn't he? I think you need to wrap nerf around him or have him always wearing a helmet.
ReplyDelete