Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day

The Monday after Thanksgiving break, we received a message on our answering machine at 6:00 am notifying all students in the school district of a snow day.  Simon couldn't have been more thrilled, and I was pretty excited too. 

Of course, all of my children's gloves and mittens were missing.  I hadn't bought Simon snow boots yet for the winter season.  So, my children ended up wearing a hodge-podge of whatever I could find. 

Ava and Simon rolling down a snow hill in our front yard.

My backyard neighbors built a larger-than-life snow man.  It took a couple of weeks for Mr. Frosty to finally melt. 

My kids spent a good portion of the day playing outside.  By the time they came in, everything was soaked.  A jump in the tub followed by hot cocoa was a welcomed relief!

4 comments:

  1. Simon looks just like you in that picture, Mandy! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun day. Looks like the kids were super happy to have a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red cheeks! I want a snow day....:)

    ReplyDelete