Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Los Niños Warren


Simon, 7 years old
I love this boy.  Isn't he the most handsome child you've ever laid eyes on?  I think so.  He's also the sweetest, most tender-hearted kid (99% of the time).  He reminds me so much of my brother.  Simon loves to plaster his hair down with water and spray gel every morning like Bob's Big Boy.  My brother used to do the same thing but with Aqua Net.  We rarely view anything but PBS in our house.  When my husband watches football or basketball, Simon is the first to point out an offensive commercial all the while squeezing his eyes shut.  He hates cheese, milk, and anything green.  But, he loves his mom's Hawaiian Haystacks, Zucchini Pie, and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I love to hold his hand in public, and I love hearing him call me "Mommy."  The day that he shortens my name to "Mom" will be a sad one. 


Ava, 5 years old

For those of you who don't have a daughter, you don't know what you're missing. My hazel-eyed Ava is the light of my life. She is a little mommy in the making. Heck, she's a better mom and homemaker at 5 years old than I am at 32 years of age.  Ava absolutely adores her baby brother, Nicholas. While I busy myself with dinner or dishes, she keeps Mr. Nickels company. Like me, she has a loud laugh (sometimes with a snort). Unlike me, she has no qualms about touching (and holding) worms. I've never seen a child with so much arm strength--she scales anything and everything including the door frame to her bedroom. Her impersonation of Barney is hilarious, and her comedic timing is priceless.   With three brothers, this blonde-haired beauty has a definite rough-'n'-tumble side to her.  I love her to pieces!

Brahm, 3 years old

When Brahm was18 months old, I warned Jess that this boy was going to give us a run for our money.  So far, he hasn't disappointed.  If it weren't for him, my life would be a breeze.  And, I say that with all the tenderness of a loving parent.  Give him a crayon or a pencil, and you will find scribbling on the wall, the table, or anything with a flat surface.  I have found him countless times shoveling chocolate chips into his mouth while balancing on the 3rd shelf in the panty.  For such a little guy, he has a veracious appetite.  Grocery shopping would be quick and painless if I didn't have to find where Brahm hid himself for the umpteenth time.  To top it off, Brahm is the last to go to bed (unwillingly) and the first to wake up!  Besides reeking havoc, this left-handed little guy loves to play baseball with his Dad.  In fact, Jess foresees Brahm being the athlete in our family.  There is nothing sweeter than watching my Brahmmy play catch with his Daddy.  One day all of those pent-up wiggles will be redirected into something more productive.  In the meantime, I love my Brahmmy, craziness and all!

Nicholas, 8 months

What can I say?  4th child is a charm.  With all of the commotion in the house, this little guy quietly keeps to himself.  Even with a 106.4 degree fever, he was unusually "content."  If that doesn't sell you on a 4th child, maybe this will-- his feet, oddly enough, always smell like apricot fruit leather.  When he does get fussy on occasion, I can usually calm him down or lull him to sleep by singing My Heavenly Father Loves Me or You are my Nicholas (his favorites).  His deep, throaty coos are the cutest, and his jack-o-lantern smile melts my heart. 

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet peek into your cute little family. You have adorable children and are a talented writer--love your blog -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all such great kids. I totally crack up about Brahm though, it really must be a third child thing, because Landon sure gives us a run for the money too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read about your kids.

    They are growing so fast!

    Love Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so adorable. David said something last week about "getting another baby". Brian was near, and the look on his face was just about the funniest thing I have ever seen! No, we are not "getting another baby"! :)

    ReplyDelete