Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hello, again

 It's been a cold winter.  Things are beginning to thaw.  The smell of burning farm fields is in the air.  Spring is on the horizon. 
 
I look forward to warmer weather, sunshine-y days, tree blossoms, and a slow paced summer.
 
From Halloween to New Year's, I struggled with morning sickness for my 5th and final time.  I was also a sponge for every ailment floating around.  Thanksgiving was a doozy.  I thought I was going to die.  Nausea and vomiting didn't mix well with headaches, coughing, sinus pressure, and high fevers. 
 
Blogging and picture taking took a back seat while I struggled with two months of sickness followed by debilitating fatigue. I was blessed by a husband who cooked every meal, cleaned every dirty dish, and washed every article of clothing while I was down and out.  My school kids didn't complain when I asked them to buy a hot lunch everyday.  And, my younger ones got used to "Zombie Mommy" who lived on the couch.
 
Times like these make me really thankful for my good health.  I am happy again.  I can eat real food again.  I don't mind the smell of Tide detergent. 
 
*********************************************************************************
 
I took most of these photos (with the exception of the frozen tree up above) in early Fall.  I was so pleased with the results.  I used 400 speed Black and White film.  A lot of the pictures are redundant, so bear with me. 
 
I know what you're thinking-- how did a two year old lay still enough to have me slowly focus and photograph him? Nicholas has the attention span of an adult.
Tub Time.
Happy Birthday, Ava!

 
 
Nicholas wanted to be involved in the candle extinguishing as well.
 
Opening presents.  The excitement appears to be staged, but it was the real deal.
 
Jump time!


Simon practicing the violin.
 



Brahm painting his Valentine's box.
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Sounds like you had one long winter!!! I'm glad you get to enjoy your life again! ;) Babies are worth it right!!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are back at it. I need to get back in the saddle too. Glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete