Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Unveiling of Violet

 
My sweet Violet was born on June 14th at 2:46 pm, weighing 7 pounds, 11 ounces and measuring 19 inches long. 

Because I have a history of lightening fast labors, I was induced that Friday morning due to Strep B.  After receiving 2 doses of antibiotics and pitocin via IV, my doctor broke my water with a finger bur.  Not long after, my contractions began to kick in.  I experienced 20 minutes of true contractional labor and second guessed my decision to forego an epidural. I had 2 other children without the assistance of an epidural, so I knew I could handle intense pain for a very short amount of time.  Violet, by far, was my most painful child to push.  She made her way out with her hand by her head and her cord loosely wrapped around her neck.  My nurse immediately layed her on my chest, and I was so overcome with fatigue and exhaustion.  I could barely keep my eyes open. 

My entire pregnancy and labor completely wore me out.  But, I was so surprised by my 2 days worth of "healing time" in the hospital.  I was walking easily without pain,  my cramping was minimal, and I felt energetic.  It didn't hurt that I had a host of nurses waiting on me and a menu of delicious food to eat around the clock. 

It was so nice to have Jess, my children, and my mother-in-law pay me visits at the hospital.  All of the kids are enamored with Violet, especially Brahm.  I hope the novelty of a new baby sister doesn't wear off. 

I feel so blessed to have carried and given birth to five beautiful children.  At 2 days old, Violet is the perfect baby.  I love her cooing and her occasional smiles.  I look forward to a slow paced summer- spending my days with my big brood. 

The night before Violet's debut.
My last picture as a pregnant mom.

The nurse placed Violet on my chest seconds after she came out.

Bathed and beautiful.

Hearing test

Sleeping beauty

 
 


Gramee Rosenthal

Daddy and 5 kids

The crew

Ava cuddling with me in the hospital bed

Mommy and baby
 
Brahm and baby Violet



 


2 comments:

  1. I think she looks very much like her sister..

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I'm glad Ava got a sister. ;

    ReplyDelete