Monday, May 3, 2010

Pregnancy Pros and Cons

Mandy (30 weeks pregnant) and Simon

I am nearing the end of my pregnacy.  For the sake of journaling, I thought that I would list all of the pros and cons of being large with child. 

Cons
  • I haven't been able to take scorching, hot baths since I found out I was pregnant.
  • I can only sleep on my sides at night.  I thoroughly miss sleeping on my back.
  • I wake up every time I have to turn to the other side-- which makes for a sleepless night.
  • I cannot (or should not) eat runny, poached eggs, soft cheeses, medium steaks, and raw cookie dough.
  • My nose has been stuffed up since the day I conceived.  With every one of my pregnancies, I suffer with sinus problems.  The day I give birth, I can actually breathe again. 
  • It is hard to bend at the waist.  Bathing the kids is just one of the many tasks that has become increasingly hard for me to do.
  • I am out of breath when I walk upstairs. 
  • Stretch marks
  • Sitting too long can be painful (especially on the hard benches and chairs at church).
  • Acid Reflux (and mild heartburn sometimes)
  • Agreeing upon a name with my husband.

Pros
  • I love feeling the baby move.  In fact, after I've given birth, it is almost sad not to feel life inside of me anymore. 
  • Seeing the baby during the ultrasound is incredible.  For my last ultrasound, the technician told me that she had never seen a baby at this stage with so much hair!
  • Some people feel like their privacy has been invaded when strangers want to touch their bellies.  I love it!  Carrying life inside of you is a really special thing, and others are aware of that too.
  • I don't feel guilty in the least bit about eating large portions of food and pigging out on dessert.
  • I don't have to suck in my stomach!
  • My hair grows faster than usual.


Baby Warren (if you can't see the image very well, his fist is resting above his closed eyes and nose)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are 30 weeks! This is CRAZY!!congrats to you both and can't wait to see what the new little warren will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby's face looks just like Ava and Simon when they were infants!

    ReplyDelete