Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Birthday Boy

Simon and Nathan at McDonald's

This year for Simon's 7th birthday, we opted not to do a party.  Instead, I gave him the choice of inviting one special friend out to lunch and a movie.  Without hesitation, Simon wanted his neighbor friend, Nathan, to join us.  Even though Nathan is a year and a half younger than Simon, the two can be seen riding bikes outside with each other almost every day.    We went to Simon's restaurant of choice-- McDonald's. 


We then went to see Toy Story 3.


Afterwards, we went swimming as a family.


The next morning, Sunday, was Simon's real birthday which happened to coincide with Father's Day.  I made pancakes, sausage, eggs, and fruit for my special boys.  We let Simon open presents directly after breakfast.


I made Hawaiian Haystacks (Simon's favorite meal) for dinner, and for dessert I tried to create the Aliens from Toy Story.


Make a wish!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Simon. Looks like he had a great day. I love the cupcakes they turned out so cute. Simon is such a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Slimes! Love Mele & the Halatokouas

    ReplyDelete