Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brahm's Birthday

Lest you all begin to scrutinize and criticize the quality of this post, let me begin by clarifying that this is Jess, the lesser half of the Team Warren executive duo. Although I pride myself in my numchuck, bow hunting, and computer hacking skills, I am definitely lacking in the blogging skills that Mandy has developed. In recent weeks, Mandy has compared the journey of blogging to a trans-oceanic journey. Not so much because of the adventure, learning, or sense of accomplishment. It is mostly the sea-sickness. The whole scrolling up and down thing gets her everytime, so I am stepping in. A designated hitter, if you will (or for the 99% of you reading this that are probably not sports fans, a few similar examples would be a substitute teacher, a guest host, or maybe someone who helps you do your cross-stitching when you are busy doing something else like blogging or whatever you women do).
Anyway, now that I have gotten that out of the way, it’s on to more important things. Brahm just turned two today!! He is the cutest little guy with such a fun personality and we just love him to pieces! I wanted to get some pictures of him up on the blog since Mandy has been so good about doing that with everyone on their birthdays.
The newborn, with his tufts of black hair and killer tan. We used to call him "Mr. St. Tropez."

In his younger (and more plump) days

Brahm has an obsession with hats. Last night he went to bed wearing two. And they always have to be Daddy's big, way oversized hats


Such a cute and happy boy!


Getting ready to blow out the candles


Brahm and Simon after throroughly enjoying some birthday cake. This is his classic "say cheese" face, with one eye half closed and the other completely shut.


Enjoying the spoils. Of course, one of his gifts was a hat, and he could not have been happier!
Happy 2, mi hombrecito!!
You are my Brahmy, my only Brahmy,
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know how much I love you,
Please don't take my Brahmy away!

3 comments:

  1. he's adorable! he has such a sweet peronality.. looks like you had fun. cake looked good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think your blogging skills are right up there with your bow hunting skills. I think you should become a regular guest author. :-) Brahmy is so adorable. I just love his chubby cheeks! Happy 2nd b-day, Brahm!

    ReplyDelete