Last Thursday, Simon came home from school and wanted to ride his bike over to a friend's house to play. As I was rounding up his coat and shoes, I found Simon on the floor of the laundry room kneeling in prayer. I was really touched by this. We usually say a prayer together before we leave the house. But, to see my 6 year old son doing this on his own was really sweet.
Also, this past Friday Simon received a Principal's award for Excellence in Academics. His first grade teacher nominated him for this award and commented on his progress by saying, "Simon gives 100% to everything he does with a smile. His positive attitude shines in everything he does!"
On a side note--- I have not been diligent about posting new entries, because my blog makes me nauseous! Oddly enough, I cannot stand taking pictures either. It's weird, I know. But, for the next couple of months, my blog entries will be picture-less.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment