







This summer, we have perfected the art of one day camping-- we leave early in the afternoon on a Friday, spend the night, and leave before noon the next day.
This past Friday, we headed up to Grayback Gulch near Idaho City. We spent our time hiking, making fires, cooking foil dinners and hungry-man breakfasts, roasting marshmallows, cuddling close to one another in our sleeping bags, and collecting rocks and sticks.
There were a few injuries worth noting. Injury #1: Simon wielded his stick a little too close to Ava and hit her in the stomach. Injury #2: While walking backwards, Simon fell over a pile of rocks. Injuries #3,4,5,6,7: Brahm took a few too many falls and grabbed the hot cast iron skillet.
Other than that, all went well except for the speeding ticket that was issued to Jess on our way back home. Oh, and I was thoroughly spooked at night when I awoke to the sound of an animal outside of our tent.
How fun. Your kids are getting so big. Time is just flying by isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun, I am so glad you are blogging, it's so fun. I saw the picture, wow is all I can say, she is amazing.
ReplyDelete