This time last year, my family and I were travelling home from the happiest place on earth. No, not Disneyland. Hawaii!!! It was the vacation of a lifetime. Ten days in paradise would make anyone loopy. It all started with my wonderful parents. They returned home from a 2 year mission in Africa in July of 2008 and wanted to hold a Hanks family reunion. So, they did what any loving parent would do. They decided to invite their 6 daughters, 1 son, and all of the spouses and children to spend time with them in Hawaii-- all expenses paid! Yippee! Can you imagine 33 of us (17 of which were children while 2 of my sisters were pregnant) on a plane together? It was great! We stayed at Turtle Bay Resort (which is on the North end of the island) in some villas that were literally right off of the beach. It has been 1 year, and we are still talking about this trip. Call us spoiled, but my husband and I are sad that we didn't have another Hanks reunion to look forward to this year. We're crossing our fingers for another fun trip in the future. Jess has been playing IZ in honor of our 1 year anniversary trip.
Simon with his Poi balls at Polynesian Cultural Center
Jess, Brahm, Mele (my niece), Simon, Ava at Buddhist Temple
Pearl Harbor
View from our bedroom
Laie Temple
Ava on the North Shore
Ted's Bakery
My parents and all their grandchildren






Oh Hawaii, so beautiful. It was fun when just Jeff and I went, but I seems like it would be fun to go with children as well. Glad you had a good time and I hope you and Jess get away someday.
ReplyDelete