Friday, August 14, 2009

A rose by any other name....

Do you ever wonder what it would be like had you named your child differently? I had my heart set on "Oliver" with Simon. And, with Ava it was "Helen." With Brahm it was "William" or "Edward." I still love all of those names.


Jess and I felt that naming a baby was very significant. First and foremost, we had to agree upon a name. Secondly, we wanted to name our babies after those found in the bible or after our faithful ancestors.


Simon Parry Warren was named after the apostle Simon Peter and after Jess' dad, Parry.


Ava Marie Warren was named after our first mother, Eve. She and I also bare the same middle name.


Brahm Edward Warren was named after Abrahm/Abraham, the prophet and patriarch in the Old Testament. My ancestor who crossed the Atlantic from Wales, England and joined a handcart company to travel to the Salt Lake Valley bore the name, Elizabeth Edwards. Hence, Edward for his middle name.

2 comments:

  1. you have a very cute blog. i am very excited to keep up with your family every day.

    you may visit my blog any time click the my name above should be a link.
    love you all, Auntie to you, not gramee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your names, even the almosts!

    ReplyDelete