Monday, August 17, 2009

Thank You, Gracias, Merci!

I have been married for almost a decade. According to the rules of common courtesy, I should have sent out thank you notes for wedding presents within 3 months of receiving them. Unfortunately, I've extended that time frame to 9 years. It's not that I didn't appreciate all of the 200 plus gifts that were given to me. I loved them! And, I can even remember what my dear friends gave to me:

Shirley Seastrand- "The 5 Love Languages"
LaGaye Walters- a cookie jar
Peggy Mathewson- an orange juicer
Sister Cundick- fabric napkins
Beth McDonald- hand sewn place settings


I'm not a rude or impolite person. I am just one of those types who refuses to send out a "fill in the blank" carbon copy thank you card that reads:



Dear _________,



Thank you for the ______________.



Love,

The Warrens


9 years ago, I started writing my thank you cards one by one, personalizing each one. It became an overwhelming task, because each note turned into an essay. I became too busy for my "heartfelt" thank yous and put them off. 9 years later--and I still think about them.


Add to that my baby shower thank-yous and my son's 6th birthday party thank yous, and I have dug a hole for myself.


So, if you are one of the lucky readers who attended my wedding or baby shower or my son's birthday--- Thank you! I appreciate your kindness and your forgiveness!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that writes cards and then forgets to send them. It makes me wonder if we got ours all out? I think we did?

    ReplyDelete