Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, a day of rest

Ava's Birthday

Brahm brushing his teeth before Church


My busiest day of the week is Sunday. I do rest from my worldly cares, but my spiritual cares seem to take up my entire day. I'm not complaining. I love going to church. I don't mind going to meetings or even doing visiting teaching. I think Sundays are perfect days for taking care of all things Spiritual. I just wish I could get a decent dinner on the table on Sunday nights. I remember eating roasts with mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, steamed vegetables, and a decadent dessert when I was growing up. Usually I am so busy on the Sabbath that we eat boxed Mac and Cheese or cheese tortillas for dinner. I know, it's pitiful! I'm always riddled with guilt for not preparing something a little more Sunday-like. Oh well. I guess there are worse things in life than serving cold cereal on the Sabbath.

2 comments:

  1. I serve cold cereal, or tortillas, or sandwiches, or whatever, with holy pride on Sunday! Now and then we have guests and I quickly grill some fish to go with beans and rice, but I think easy meals on Sunday are great.

    Now and then, I do wish I were a little better aquainted with my crock pot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly, i think cold cereal is best on sunday too. i hate coking fanciful things and labor in that kitchen yet another day! :)

    ReplyDelete