
Jess was the first born child to Barbara and Parry Warren. He was delivered 1 month late, weighing in at 10 lbs. Check out all of his blonde tendrils.

Jess and his proud Pop, Parry.
This picture didn't scan well, but rest assured that this was Jess' true hair color when he was a child.
Jess' first day of kindergarten with his teacher, Ms. Pond, at Harley Harmon Elementary School.
When Jess was little he wanted to move to Utah, because that is where all of the blondes lived. He always felt out of place in school being a toe-head.
Jess and Mandy, Prom 1997
Jess and Mandy, Eldorado High School graduation day
Jess rescued souls and stray kittens on his mission in Mexico.
Jess in Mexico making gorditas.

Jess's mom surprised him by meeting him at LAX on his way home from his mission.
Jess and Mandy, April 29th, 2000.1. Jess loves to eat anything with pumpkin in it. Add cheesecake to the mix, and he's in heaven.
2. He had a dream about his future wife when he was a child (you'll have to ask him about the details).
3. He is color blind.
4. He served his mission in Torreon, Mexico and speaks fluent Spanish.
5. Jess loves to listen to classic rock (Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd), AM Radio, and the Billy Ocean station on Pandora.
6. Saturdays are football days for Jess. It is hilarious to see him simultaneously watching a game on TV, another game on his laptop, and listening to a game on his walkman.
7. He makes the fluffiest, tastiest pancakes for breakfast on Sunday mornings.
8. Jess was sealed to his family in the St. George temple when he was four years old.
9. He was born and raised in Las Vegas.
10. He is very well rounded. He was a straight A student in Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, Government, and English.
11. He can do the best impersonations-- Nacho, Kip, Napoleon, IZ, Dick Norris, Neil Diamond, etc.
12. His major was initially Chemical Engineering his freshman year in college. He later changed it to Political Science.
13. Jess refuses to eat raw cookie dough, but loves to dine on raw fish (sushi).
14. He played baseball and soccer in high school.
15. Jess is the "baby whisperer." He's got the magic touch for putting babies to sleep.
16. He reminisces about his mission on a daily basis.
17. He was never fond of his "very blonde" hair as a child. So much so, that for Halloween he loved to dress up as Dracula and have his hair sprayed black.
18. Thanksgivings are all about tradition. There can be no straying from it for Jess. One year I mentioned Chinese food in place of the traditional turkey. That didn't go over too well.
19. I began dating Jess when I was 17 years old. In the 14 years that I have known him, I have never heard him swear.
20. Jess makes the best authentic Mexican tacos: corn tortillas, steak, salsa verde, avocado, salt, and lime. And while we are on the topic of food, he makes a mean crepe.
21. Jess can impersonate Siegfried and Roy in Spanish. You have to hear it to believe it.
22. He has one sibling, Laci, who lives with her husband and 2 children in Las Vegas.
23. His dad died due to a blood clot while Jess was on his mission.
24. Jess is one of the most even-keeled people I have ever met.
25. He prefers a home cooked meal rather than eating out.
26. When Jess comes home from work each night, the kids go ballistic. Brahm squeals with joy and follows him upstairs to help him change. He loves pulling off Jess' socks and putting them in the laundry basket.
27. Jess taught himself how to play "Greensleeves" on the piano at a young age. And, I think he can play a Pearl Jam (or was it Nirvana?) song on the guitar.
28. His favorite movie is The Natural.
29. When growing up, Jess' mom made him clam spaghetti for his birthday every year. I am going to try and attempt this for his special birthday dinner, but with a twist-- artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, and heavy cream.
30. Jess wants 12 children. I told him we need to compromise--maybe 6.
31. Just like any father, Jess finds the most happiness and joy spending any and all time with his family.
Such a neat post. It was fun to read a little about Jess. =) Happy Birthday to him from the Younger Hoffmans. I especially liked number 19. What a wonerful thing to be able to say....
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Jess!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to still be in touch with you guys and to see y'all with such a happy family. Great list Mandy. I had NO idea Jess is color blind!
Mandy I love that on everyones birthday you make a special blog for them. I love reading them. The 31 things about Jess was really interesting. When I read about his dream about how he was going to marry I just laughed. You have such a beautiful family. I wish we could see you guys more. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteOK, Mandy, you are the best and this is the sweetest thing ever.
ReplyDeleteI do need to clarify though: I am color blind, but just in the sense that I cannot see like certain shades of green sometimes. You know, like from the test that they give you at the eye doctor. I know that Mandy likes to use this to emphasize that she has better vision than me and to excuse the way I dress, but I can really see colors pretty much as normally as anyone else.
AND, am I the only one that sees a difference between raw eggs and some well prepared raw fish?
Absolutly lovely, Mandy. I loved all the pictures of you two together, you make a beautiful couple. And Jess, if you read thsi stuff, Happy Birthday! You will always hold a special place in my heart for being such a good friend to me when my family first moved to Vegas. It was a hard move for me. Thanks for all the early morning rides to seminary and all the fun laughs in Spanish.
ReplyDeletethat's neat mandy! and jess, i just don't know what to say about cookie dough.. i know it's raw eggs, but it's heaven! happy b-day jess.. thanks mandy.. i enjoyed those pics and facts.. cute! nice to see those!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to learn more about Jess. He and Jeff have some things in common. Jess is super nice I hope he has a super Birthday.
ReplyDeleteThe Natural deserves to be a favorite movie and put that together with never swearing and I'd say you've got one great man! We're lucky gals!
ReplyDelete