Thursday, October 29, 2009

BOO'd!



You Have Been BOO'd!

The air is cool, the season is fall, Soon Halloween will come to all.

Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore... Tricky witches at your door.


The spooks are after things to do, In fact, a spook brought this "BOO" to you.

The excitement comes when friends like you, Copy this note and make it two.

We'll all have smiles on our faces, When we see who Boo'd who's places.


I was Boo'd by Weymouth Family!



The following 4 ladies have been officially BOO'd...

LaRon Hartner- is a dear friend of mine that I have recently gotten back in contact with. In 1999 we spent most of our waking hours with one another- 8 hours in beauty school and another 4 or 5 hours working at a day spa together. We shared some great laughs and memories with one another. LaRon is one of those do-it-all moms. She teaches pre-school, volunteers as her daughter's 2nd grade Room Mom, and she works as a stylist at an Aveda Salon. Somehow, she has a knack for "bumping" into celebrities. Some of her luck rubbed off onto me while we were at a Vegas Blockbuster Video and then noticed that we were face to face with Mike Tyson. I love viewing her blog, because she seems to have it all together (along with great stories about family excursions). And, because I miss her! Happy Birthday, LaRon!

Jill Mennig- Jill and I have been friends since my Junior year in high school. We both "waited" for our missionaries. And, we both married our high school sweethearts. Out of anyone I know, Jill is probably the most like me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we both get easily distracted by minor details. Before I began having children, Jill told me about nursing techniques and home birthing techniques that went in one ear and out the other. Breast feeding a baby longer than 6 months seemed absurd until I gave birth to Simon and nursed him until he was almost 2 years old. Jill is the ultimate organic mom in every sense of the word. She is a home-birthing, home-schooling, home-making mama that is passionate about the spiritual and physical well-being of her family. She has a knack for writing (I've always encouraged her to compose essays or something of the like), and a great sense of humor. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading her family blog ever since I entered into this world of online journaling.

Kim Hodson- Kim was one of the very first people who introduced herself to Jess and me in our current ward. Not long after, her family visited us in our new home and extended a dinner invitation. Kim is amazingly artistic. She majored in Interior Design and has an eye for all things beautiful . She's a self-taught photographer and entrepreneur. Her photos are fabulous. I love her blog, because she posts her beautiful pictures in a "larger-than-life" format. Kim consistently leaves kind comments on my blog posts which always boosts my self esteem. She reminds me so much of my sister, Rachel, because of her curls, her creativity, and her quick-witted-ness. And, she's not a half-bad liar! :)

Aunt Linda- If you have a sweet tooth, head on over to my Aunt Linda's blog. She posts a new recipe for some sort of decadent cupcake every Thursday. For her grandson's birthday, she photographed a picture of a 4 layer chocolate cake that she created. I love food, and I love all of her recipes including those for caramel corn, asparagus chowder, and pumpkin pecan cookies with brown butter frosting. Besides her talent in the kitchen, Aunt Linda is one of the most thoughtful individuals that I know. For Christmas last year, she made Jess and me a stocking to hold "our blessings" in. She has a deep love for her children, grandchildren, and 7 siblings. We love you, Aunt Linda!



This BOO party was started by http://wwwthetatteredcottage.blogspot.com/. Please keep the fun going by following these instructions.


1. You have 24 hours to work your spell

2. Copy and post the Halloween Boo Poem with the instructions for playing.

3. Pick 4 blogs you enjoying visiting and tell why you enjoy visiting them, with a link to their blog and remember to link back to me.

4. Go to the original BOO Party post at the Tattered Cottage and add your McLinky.

5. Let's see how fast and far this spreads between now and Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. :)
    The perfect opening for a long over due blog post.
    Thank you, Mandy. I love being flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to love the sweet comments.
    Just makes me blush!
    But when it is in writing..
    I think WOW I AM GOOD at something!.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda -
    I'm so happy that you are playing along with my "BOO" Party :) I am having so much fun meeting new people and visiting their blogs :) What part of Idaho do you live in?
    Happy Halloween,
    Toni
    The Tattered Cottage

    ReplyDelete