Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Brother

Simon Warren 1st Grade


Before I forget, I want to record two sweet stories about Simon.


We moved to our present home here in Idaho in March of 2008. At that time, Ava was about 2 1/2 years old and ready for a well check visit with the pediatrician. I asked around and made an appointment with a new doctor. The morning of the appointment, Simon seemed concerned about Ava's visit with the doctor. He made it clear that he didn't want Ava to get shots. I told him that I didn't know whether she would be immunized this visit or not. He continued to bring up this subject, and I continued to reassure him that everything would be alright. When we met with our new doctor, she informed me that Ava would be receiving shots. The nurse later came in and asked Ava to lay down on the table. Simon began to cry and held Ava back. Ava followed the nurse's instructions and quietly laid herself down on the table with no objections. Simon's tearful pleas to protect his little sister were so genuine and so sweet. The nurse gave both Simon and Ava stickers for being so brave.

Two nights ago, Ava crashed on her bicycle. Simon immediately jumped off of his bike to help her and see if she was OK. While Jess was comforting her, Simon (without being asked) put her bike in the back of the stroller and retrieved the reflector that broke off.

I always wanted a big brother. I'm so glad that Ava has Simon.

3 comments:

  1. That is the most precious story ever. I want Simon as my big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart. I am so glad that we all get to have a big brother to protect us and dust us off when we fall. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute she is lucky to have such a sweet older brother. I love that no matter how often siblings fight when it comes right down to it there is no one that has your back and protects you more often than them. I hope Ava is alright from her fall.

    ReplyDelete