Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sickies

Photobucket
Simon showing off his new toothless smile.

Hooray! Simon is back in school!

It all started with a 24 hour bug that Brahm initially caught. Last Thursday morning he vomited. Ava vomited a good part of the day on Saturday. When Monday morning rolled around, Simon complained of an upset stomach. I didn't dare send him to school. Turns out he didn't have the stomach flu, but he did develop a low-grade fever in the meantime. On Tuesday morning I called the school to inform them of Simon's feverish condition. They automatically counted him absent on Tuesday and Wednesday-- students must be fever free and medicine free for 24 hours before returning to school. Simon was elated! I was deflated! Another day of lounging around in his jammies, watching endless hours of PBS kids, and raiding the pantry at will was music to Simon's ears.

It is Thursday and Simon is finally back in school!!! He was not a happy camper this morning. I am praying that my children do not contract the Swine Flu that seems to be circulating around here. I cannot handle another week of sickies!

4 comments:

  1. I'm hearing you on the sickness end of life. Ethan had it all last week and now Madie and Landon have it. Calgon take me away I just might go insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you too, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your kids have been sick! That's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! Hopefully once it passes through everyone then you should be able to enjoy the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete