Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day Jitters

I have been looking forward to this day all summer long, and not because I have wanted Simon out of my hair. I absolutely loved my elementary school experience, and I am now reliving it through Simon. August 31st could not have arrived sooner for us. Simon woke up with lots of excitement about his new class and new teacher. I tried to feed him a substantial breakfast and then we were on our way. Simon and I rode our bikes to his school with Ava and Brahm in tow. We were one of the very first to step foot on the playground. I let all three kids play while more children began trickling in. There were 10 moms there that I recognized from my ward alone. The bell finally rang, Simon ran to the front of Ms. W's line, and then he was gone. I was concerned that his lunch money might have fallen out of his pocket while he was playing. Being the overly-protective and worrisome mother that I am, I went inside the building to his classroom to make sure his $2 were still in his possession. They were.


When I picked him up later in the afternoon, I was thrilled to hear about all of the goings-on of his first school day. I especially loved hearing about the chicken nuggets, tater tots, fruit cup, and chocolate milk that he ate for lunch. I brought him a couple of homemade chocolate chip cookies to munch on along with a bottle of cold water before we set off on our bike ride home.


I look forward to many more days like this!

























3 comments:

  1. So fun! We rode our bikes today too. Anna has one of those one wheeled hitchhiker bikes that hooks onto the back of mine. I loved it!

    Luckily, our ward primary president works at the school and is in the cafeteria during Chucky's lunch. I have her on make-sure-Chucky-whiped-the-chocolate-pudding-snack-off-his-face duty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's such a big boy! brahm looks like maddie when she takes pics. she says cheese ad her little face is all wrinkly! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you rode your bikes!
    sounds like he was so ready to go back!
    i love it when they are excited for school lunch!
    so cute!
    Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete