Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Time to Keep

When I was young, my mom used to read me a beautifully written and illustrated book called, "A Time to Keep." This children's story chronicles the monthly events and traditions of a 19th century family. When my parents retired and downsized, my mom piled up all of her books and other belongings to give away to each of her daughters. I was the lucky one who received "A Time to Keep."


I purposely keep it on a high shelf in my home, so that it doesn't get torn apart like most of our other books. Tonight, I read it to Ava before I laid her down for bed. I love that I am reading her a book that was dear to me when I was a child.


Along the lines of traditions and other special events, I wanted to publicly recognize my family members who will be celebrating birthdays and wedding anniversaries this month.


Jess' maternal Grandparents, Bonnie and Bob, will be celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary

My sister Abbey and her husband Peter will be celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary. Both of them also have birthdays in the month of September.

My sweet Ava will be turning 4 this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment