Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ava's Big Day

The following text was taken from a journal entry of mine dated 10/02/05:

"Ava was born on the 20th of September at 12:31 pm. Everything went so well. Jess and I arrived at Alta View Hospital the morning of the 20th. I was given the epidural soon after the injection of Pitocin. I didn't feel a single thing. It was wonderful. We were then informed (a couple hours later) that I would soon need to push. Jess and I had to laugh because everything was going so smoothly and all the while- we were watching TV to pass the time.

When Ava came out, I don't remember her crying. The birth of Simon was so tumultuous. Ava was 7 lbs. 3 oz. at birth and 19 inches long.


Ava is such a sweet, quiet baby.


She loves to eat....



....and sleep.


When she is awake, she is very alert and wide-eyed.



(Ava's blessing)



For a newborn, she smiles so much.



Simon is constantly kissing Ava."


The following text was taken from a journal entry dated 3/15/07:



"Ava started walking (actually just taking a few steps at a time) at the end of July.



By the time September 20th arrived (her first birthday) she was walking like a pro!



This little girl is fearless!



She loves to climb anything and everything.




If I didn't keep such a watchful eye on her during the day, she would surprise me by climbing up and resting on the top of my cupboards.



She has taken a lot of hard falls because of her incessant climbing.




I've jokingly considered her permanently wearing a helmet.



I love my sweet Ava!



She is so fun to cuddle with, and to read to.


She loves to pucker her lips!"


Ava is the sweetheart of our family.


She loves to make funny faces and crack jokes.

Our family would not be complete without our Ava!
Happy 4th Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. Happy Birthday Ava. I am glad that you are blogging. It is such a great way to keep up with people. I love reading about your adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie. How fun to remember the things they have done, she seems like she has a really sweet dispostion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture display, there are some there i have not seen. I actually have printed a few also. I love that about the internet. I can print the pictures I want of the kids and display them..

    Happy Birthday to Ava, she is a darlin'.

    Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on journaling! She is a really beautiful girl, I was noticing that as she stood on the stand today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you. I miss you too. Happy Birthday to such a sweetheart! Love, Your Gramee

    ReplyDelete