Mandy does all the work on this thing and gets none of the credit. She has finally let her guard down and went one day without a blog entry! I wanted to say a little something about her . . . Here are just a few of the things that we all love about Mandy!
Maternal-Mandy cares for all of us with a motherly instinct of which I am in awe! We always have a wonderful hot dinner every night, she reads to the kids with such love and tenderness every day, and all of our spiritual well being is her top priority. We are all so spoiled by her!
Amazing person-She not only is the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, but she has such a special personality and unparalleled intelligence. The longer I am with her, the more amazed I am at how pure and genuine she is. I often tell her that I would not be who I am if it was not for her. She definitely inspires me to be a better person.
Never failing-I thought about putting neurotic down for this one, but I think this sounds better (haha!). Mandy is so detail oriented and does not let things slide. If we ever miss a night of scripture study, she is all over it. She does not let Simon get away without doing his homework perfectly (he WILL be the next class spelling champion, just like his mother!), and no door is ever left unlocked or stove left on when we leave the house :). Above all, she makes sure we are well taken care of.
Dedicated-Mandy never gives up and is primarily concerned with her family's well being. A day does not pass that she does not think of how she can be a better mother or wife. She will not rest until we one day have a celestial family and ultimately achieve happiness.
Youthful-Not only does Mandy get along great with her beehives, but she looks like she is still 20 years old! She somehow keeps up with 3 little ones under 6 while riding her bike to school with them everyday (with two being towed in the trailer!), taking them to the park, and helping them to complete their daily duties (among many other things)!! Her exuberance keeps me going and motivates me to keep up.
Thank you Mandy for all that you do for us and for your love! Your family appreciates you more than anything in this world! I love you!
Jess
jess.. you are so thoughtful! sounds like you're BOTH lucky to have each other!!
ReplyDeleteJess, this is very sweet of you. But, I think you are sugar coating everything! Just last night when I had Simon read to me for 15 minutes, I was raising my voice at him for purposely reading incorrectly. And, I raised my voice when he was splashing too much in the bathtub last night and getting water everywhere. And, this morning- he was dawdling and his bus was about to arrive any moment. I guess you see that I have a real struggle with raising my voice among other things.
ReplyDeleteHey Mandy nobody is perfect, but you sure sound like you are doing a great job. Your family is lucky to have you and Jess that was super sweet of you to share some of your thoughts about your wife.
ReplyDeleteAwwwwww, that is the sweetest thing ever!
ReplyDeleteWell done, Jess! And right on, I think :)
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful tribute! and yes, i totally love how he sugar coated it all. that means he really LOVES you despite imperfections we ALL have! what a lucky woman....and man!
ReplyDeletep.s. i'm glad you told me you have been around...i'm sooo glad to know you have a blog and read about your cute family. ;)